Private Equity and Venture Capital
We represent venture capital and private equity funds
and their investors in numerous capacities including:
- Organizing and capitalizing "blind pool" investment
- Making private placements or structuring syndicated
- Negotiating favorable terms for lead investors.
- Establishing contractual relationships with both affiliate and
non-affiliate investment management companies.
- Reselling partnership interests.
- Negotiating and documenting investment and loan transactions
with issuers including the design of special common stock,
preferred stock, convertible securities, subordinated debt, and
- Conducting "due diligence" investigations to guide investment
and credit decisions.
- Evaluating investor/lender legal and practical rights and
options in cases of "troubled," under-performing or non-performing
- Enforcing legal and contractual rights through adversarial
proceedings and other techniques to effect desired changes in the
affairs of portfolio companies.
Companies Seeking Venture Capital or Private
For companies seeking capital to secure needed growth, Keevican
Weiss Bauerle & Hirsch assists the founders and management of
numerous early stage and growing enterprises in their search for
debt and equity capital from organized venture capital or private
equity sources, syndications and private, institutional and
Our tasks include:
- Assisting in identifying viable sources of financing.
- Negotiating terms and documenting transactions.
- Preparing private placement memoranda and other disclosure
materials to comply with applicable federal and state securities
laws and regulations.
- Providing advice and counsel to perfect exemptions from
securities and broker-dealer registration requirements, e.g.,
private offering, Regulation D, Regulation A and intrastate
- Designing and documenting recapitalizations, reclassifications
and other capital restructurings.
- Preparing shareholder agreements, voting agreements, voting
trusts, and other necessary documents.
Leo A. Keevican, Jr.
Keevican Weiss Bauerle & Hirsch LLC
Three Gateway Center
401 Liberty Avenue, 3rd FloorPittsburgh PA